Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's NBA Live 09 review

This thread is in response to a review for NBA Live 09 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: October 29, 2008 (02:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Can you believe that your boy Oden, who missed all of last year, has already tweaked his ankle after only 13 regular season minutes of play? Tell us what it feels like to be a Blazers fan, since you're an Oregonian.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 29, 2008 (04:11 PM)

Right now it feels pretty crappy, with the first game of the season going to the Lakers by a margin of 20 points! I don't think there's any word on just how severe the damage is to Oden's ankle, but I'm starting to think his full name should be Greg "Glass Feet" Oden. Oregonians bought tickets in record numbers when we found out we had the first draft pick, and we were happy with Oden as the choice, but all of these injuries are really sapping our optimism.

We still have Roy and Fernandez (who perform well in NBA Live 09, I'm pleased to report), but this still kind of stinks. I hope the next time I load up the game and the roster takes on the latest updates, I don't lose Oden for the rest of the season. He's nice to have around when it comes time to rebound.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 29, 2008 (04:37 PM)

I didn't know you were an Oregonian, too, HG. What part?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 29, 2008 (04:50 PM)

I was formerly of Bend, Oregon. Now I live on the coast. For awhile, there was a regular poster here from Tigard and there's a freelancer that's also from Oregon. Oh, and GUTS was from Oregon, though I don't see him posting around here these days. It's funny because even though all of those people live in Oregon, I never would've interacted with them if not for this site.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: October 29, 2008 (10:19 PM)

Oden's out 2-4 weeks now. Lets predict how long before he hurts himself again.

I say he makes it through a half.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Posted: October 30, 2008 (05:22 AM)

Oden's going to make the Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan pick look great if he keeps on hurting himself.

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: October 30, 2008 (07:08 AM)

"Oden's going to make the Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan pick look great if he keeps on hurting himself."

Not really, no.

Oden sucks, Bill Simmons saw this coming after seeing him walk at an ESPY Awards show.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Posted: October 30, 2008 (09:50 AM)

Bill Simmons is hilarious. Oden could have a great career if he just doesn't break every time he steps onto the court. He went to a high school not far from mine, and he dominated like few other high school players have in Indiana, excluding maybe Eric Gordon. But it would seem that his career is already doomed, and that sucks not only for Blazers fans, but NBA fans, too.

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: October 30, 2008 (10:11 AM)

I'm hoping there's still time. At least there's a Paul/Williams potential rivalry to fall back on if Oden/Durant is a bust. And I like watching the smaller guys more anyways, although Durant is pretty athletic for a big man.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: October 30, 2008 (12:45 PM)

Obviously I expected Oden to play much more than he has but knew he wasn't going to be that good, (or at least for some time). His strength in college was that he was so much stronger than everyone and I didn't see that strength translating to the much tougher NBA as well. His mechanics weren't that sharp and he completely lacked stamina and often got into foul trouble.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.