Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > CptRetroBlue's Metroid review

This thread is in response to a review for Metroid on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: February 25, 2019 (07:23 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Solid review of a classic.

I'd take another look at this sentence, as it's difficult to read:

The game makes it clear on having you experience such desolation as you backtrack to earlier segments with new power-ups to go through unreachable areas and face off against such eerie soundtrack to try and discourage you from ever finishing said mission.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: CptRetroBlue
Posted: February 25, 2019 (10:19 AM)

Will work on it, thank you :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Ogreatgames
Posted: February 28, 2019 (02:40 AM)

Fantastic review!

I personally think that the Metroid game for NES deserved more merit.

All metroidvania pretty much owe it to this classic title.

The late 80's version was a major innovation.

For me, it aged like a fine wine.

The NES Metroid is just as fun now as it was before.

If anyone found this game not as fun as it was back then, I'd say that the game hasn't changed but their perspective did.

By the way, it had a remake for the Game Boy Advance in 1986 called Metroid: Zero Mission, which used the same formula but had more improved visuals and backstory.

And yeah, thanks for reminding me of this game.

Visit https://ogreatgames.com for awesome video games!

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2019 (02:56 PM)

Yep, I played that GBA remake and while it was fun and enjoyable, the original NES version still gives me the most chills whenever I play it. The limit on graphical design and eerie music do it pretty much for me as a "horror sci fi" title ha ha

Thanks for the feedback, I am happy you enjoyed my review :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Rootthelucario
Posted: September 27, 2023 (03:57 PM)

The fact that you can’t duck is a total problem and how you duck if you can is a mystery to me

Dylan Taylor Hauck

board icon
Posted: November 16, 2023 (09:21 PM)

Probably because when pushing down you immediately turn into the morphing ball maru maru.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.