Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > CptRetroBlue's Final Fantasy Tactics review

This thread is in response to a review for Final Fantasy Tactics on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: February 19, 2019 (07:29 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You're on pace to crack 100 by year end! A dozen already, and February isn't even over -- that's wild.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: CptRetroBlue
Posted: February 19, 2019 (11:40 AM)

Ha ha, thanks :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Ogreatgames
Posted: February 20, 2019 (07:41 PM)

Every time I encounter questions like "What's your best games of all time?", Final Fantasy Tactics always comes to my mind. It's already been 22 years and I still wouldn't mind visiting this tactical role-playing game again and again. Yeah, I totally agree that it feels like a huge accomplishment to beat the game. Thank you so much for informing me about this one.

Visit https://ogreatgames.com for awesome video games!

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: February 21, 2019 (07:57 AM)

Retro, you got some feedback in the Review of the Week topic, in case you missed it.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: February 21, 2019 (01:26 PM)

I did indeed and thanks for letting me know :) I am happy to see others share the same passion I have for this game.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: February 24, 2019 (12:32 PM)

I can appreciate the passion people have for this one, and though mine may not be as strong as most - I certainly do keep it around now, because most of all I do want to know where the story goes. Having had a chance to play the GBA "sequel", it was good, but seemed to me hamstrung by the new Laws mechanic in spite of its many mechanical improvements. Good review, Cpt.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Posted: February 25, 2019 (12:31 AM)

I agree on the GBA title, the rule system there tends to mess with the rhythm of gameplay and at times it can turn me off whenever I had played it, even though it is still a nice title on itself. I also agree that the original Tactics on PSX has very, VERY intricate story, one that immerses you into it and even manages to shock you as it progresses. Square did such a marvelous job on writing the story on this game that it feels like a fantasy novel more than a game. Thanks once more for the feedback.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.