Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > CptRetroBlue's Double Dragon review

This thread is in response to a review for Double Dragon on the Atari 2600. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 18, 2019 (07:38 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I just checked out the screenshots of this game and was surprised by how well they pulled it off given the obvious limitations. What's funny though, is that the box apparently said "NO QUARTERS REQUIRED," suggesting that you were getting the arcade experience, which is obviously a joke. One last thing: as you mentioned, there was 2-player simultaneous action available here... which REALLY shames the NES version.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: CptRetroBlue
Posted: January 18, 2019 (03:11 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Ha ha, yeah, even the Atari 2600 would get 2 players to duke it out while the NES you had to wait until your friend died like some 1 player games on the system. And you are right, the graphics are pretty well done for said title on Atari but unfortunately it would be the only positive thing besides two players simultaneously that it featured.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.