Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D review

This thread is in response to a review for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 11, 2019 (11:13 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review, dude. Seems like RotW bait to me! ;) I feel the love you have for the game, but appreciate the fact that you acknowledge it and try to make the argument work for complete newcomers. The 3DS paragraphs at the end were well handled, in particular.

I think you'd probably do well to add one word in this sentence -- "another," before "Zelda":

That was a shame, since I've come to believe that after Ocarina of Time, it took an eternity for a Zelda game to truly reach greatness.

Nice job.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: January 11, 2019 (12:43 PM)

Thanks for the catch. One of those things I didn't see after reading and re-reading it a half-dozen times for putting it up. And thanks for the complements; it took so long to get this thing finished that I had to take out a line because it involved me saying I was taking that occasion to pat myself one more time on the back before 2018 ended. And then it ended and it took over a week to get this review finished after that!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 11, 2019 (12:52 PM)

Yeah, I hate those reviews that are 'in the works' for ages -- you're never quite sure then, when they're 'done,' and if they're any good because you're numb to them.

I find the opposite is true for those that I pretty much type directly into the submission box. You're so sure they're quick and dirty and good, and then after even minimal reflection, you're like, 'what was I thinking, this shit isn't a finished product!'

Or maybe that's just me.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.