Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Pixel Ripped 1989 review

This thread is in response to a review for Pixel Ripped 1989 on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 08, 2019 (07:36 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Sweet review, dude. But! Throwing shade at Alex Kidd games?? For shame. I noticed in the YouTube clip that the pedicopter bit looks exactly like it did on the Master System, except that it looks a lot more difficult to crash -- bumping into ceilings overhead is supposed to lose you your chopper! Anyway, I might try this thing out -- quirky and nostalgic? That's worth a try.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: January 08, 2019 (12:22 PM)

I like Alex Kidd, but... I mean, most of his games were pretty bad. Also yeah, the copter is indestructible in this game, unless you hit the spikes or those beam-thingies.

Thanks for reading! Pixel Ripped 1989 is a pretty interesting experience, but it's one that can only be played with the VR headset. If you don't have one, sorry; maybe I should have made that more clear in the review. I'll rectify that.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 08, 2019 (12:28 PM)

Oh crap, I don't have the VR headset. Ah well. One day, maybe.

And yes, of course, most of the Alex Kidd games were bad. I had them all at one point. Miracle World was the most celebrated. Shinobi World was good, Lost Stars was... limited, and Hi-Tech World and Enchanted Castle were downright bad.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: January 08, 2019 (12:57 PM)

It's also available on Steam, so if you ever decide to pick up something like HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, you can check it out there, too.

That Alex Kidd order is about the same with me. I had them all at one point, too, except Enchanted Castle, which I tried much later on. I don't understand how they messed up so badly with Enchanted Castle...

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.