Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > timrod's Mother 3 (Import) review

This thread is in response to a review for Mother 3 on the Game Boy Advance. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 26, 2008 (11:19 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

So sad that we'll never see an official release. I hate mussing about with emulators and roms... which I suppose means that within a couple years, I'll be an obsolete old fool, a relic of by gone days.

Never have I been more tempted to dust off my MAC, stretch my downloading fingers, and get searching for the right tools to play a ROM. Mother 3 is one of those things that I was tempted to learn Japanese and move there for a month or so in order to play it.

To think that Japan didn't only get that but also a GBA compilation of both Mother 1+2. Well, at least I don't live in Europe, where game releases are frequently pushed back to NEVER.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: timrod
Posted: October 26, 2008 (12:33 PM)

Should probably add that you can get the translation patch (as well as instructions on how to apply/play it) at http://mother3.fobby.net/

Touching the untouchable.

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: October 26, 2008 (12:47 PM)

I hope you didn't mean your APPLE MAC.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 30, 2008 (10:48 AM)

I really liked this review. After I've cleared a couple of my current RPG projects off my plate, I'll be DLing this one for sure.

It is weird how none of the Mother games (with the exception of 2, aka Earthbound) have gotten any American release. Bizarre, actually. Earthbound was an awesome game where the only flaw I really noticed was just that a few of the late game dungeons lacked the personality that much of the game had tons of (like, I remember being a bit bored going through the one Carbon/Diamond Dog was in). But I'd still rate it as being far better than a lot of games released through the years.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.