Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Zydrate's Thief Simulator review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 03, 2019 (05:32 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This review started off with a bang -- I was immediately hooked by your opening two paragraphs. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of issues that need to be ironed out and perhaps they could have been with another read-through or two.

Anyway, here goes:

There’s actually casing a house and peaking in windows to figure out where people go during which hours. I like how it only gives you a few hour section of scheduling which forces a few visits to really get someone’s schedule down. During one invasion on a three-floor home, I had about 80% of both tenant’s schedule down but I did find out that one of the people remains home at all times. However with most of her schedule down I was able to duck and weave, and discovered audio ranges. I smashed a car window a full floor above her and while I did get the “Tenant heard noise” message, she wasn’t in a hurry to find the source and got a very nice payout from doing so.

This paragraph needs some help. What do you mean, there's actually? Maybe, 'you can actually'? Also, 'peeking.' And you like how it? You 'like how the game allows you...'? Should be 'both tenants'.' Who got a very nice payout?

The leveling system is fun to play around with, though I wish the backpack came at a boosted amount. In the beginning I can only carry a couple of candlesticks, a chessboard and maybe a hard drive or two. I wish my outings were more bountiful as I can do a lot in one trip if the game allowed me. You get a box in your car that can hold a few things if you’re doing multiple hits, and I did discover on accident that my car can actually hold multiple ‘large’ items.

I think this is what I meant by tense issues in my last RotW. Three of your 'can' instances here should be 'could.'

Each and every one are useful as it may get you closer to a tenant and ultimately learn more about their schedule, which is eternally useful.

Should be 'every one is useful,' and 'eternally' might be overstating the case?

I tossed a TV out the window a while before a tenant would leave for work or whatever and he immediately recognized he own stolen television chilling out on his driveway, and thus an alert was sound

Should be 'awhile' and 'his own stolen' and 'alert was sounded.'

Essentially this feels like a core of a game I wish could acquire a higher budget or publisher. While I’m having a lot of fun with it, I just wish there was… more of it. Which hardly sounds like a complaint, but I hope they either update with ferocity or at least start working on a second one so they can expand everything they’ve laid out here.

My hopes and wishes come in three forms.

First, I wish houses looked more lived in, and I wish you had a better skillset to sort through junk before finding the ‘real’ stuff. Finding an accidentally discarded wallet with a few hundred under some laundry or something would speak a lot to the exploring raiders among us.

This section abuses the word 'wish.'

Overall, the review has good energy and started strong, and your passion for the genre (?) comes through, but on the whole, the piece is a bit rough around the edges.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

This message was deleted at the request of Masters, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Author: Zydrate
Posted: January 07, 2019 (08:18 PM)

I'll look into it, but as of this posting it's midnight and I'm exhausted and just happened to chime in the site.

Coincidentally, I think this piece was written around midnight so it probably contributed to my general broken form.

My Tumblr (Don't worry, I just talk about games)
My Steam Profile

This message was deleted at the request of Masters, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Posted: January 08, 2019 (09:57 AM)

I don't understand.

I saw that you clicked on "constructive criticism requested."

Perhaps that was a mistake?

board icon
Author: Zydrate
Posted: January 08, 2019 (03:54 PM)

It was not. I want to edit it and clean it up, just not in the headspace to do so.

My Tumblr (Don't worry, I just talk about games)
My Steam Profile

board icon
Posted: January 08, 2019 (10:32 PM)

How about saying "thank you"? In the headspace to do that?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.