Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > retro's Ghosts 'N Goblins review

This thread is in response to a review for Ghosts 'N Goblins on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 06, 2018 (06:41 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I decided to revisit this old favourite of mine to see if it held up. And it does!

The lines I always thought were gold haven't lost their lustre:

"I guess he's a knight or something"
"The only easy thing to do in Ghosts 'n Goblins is to die."
"You could call that a double whammy."

Muahaha.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: retro
Posted: November 06, 2018 (07:20 AM)

Hahaha. And I appreciate your praise as much now as I did last decade! I bought an SNES Classic Edition recently, so guess what I get to play soon? Super Castlevania IV and Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts! I’ll be using the level select cheat on the latter since the only easy thing to do in it, like the original, is to die!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 06, 2018 (08:52 AM)

What? I thought you said you were completely retired from playing games? Now you're buying 'new' systems?

Okay, did you sell off everything, like the 2600, original SNES, etc? Ebay I assume? And now the itch is back so you picked up the SNES mini?

Let me know how it is -- I was considering picking it up. The Playstation 1 mini is coming in December, but the list of games looks super weak. Mind you, the games I loved for that system weren't necessarily the obvious choices, but still. I hear that Battle Arena Toshinden is going to be on it. Really? I haven't heard that Symphony of the Night, Silent Hill or Street Fighter Alpha 3 will be included, so I'll likely count myself out.

I've got a PS4 still -- that's it. I got rid of my PS3 and Vita, and really, the PS4 is mostly gathering dust or being used as a glorified Netflix frontend while I primarily play indie games on Steam.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: retro
Posted: November 06, 2018 (10:13 AM)

Whaaaat, I never said or at least didn’t mean, such. I don’t buy new video games but I’ll always have a heart for the games I’m familiar with and still enjoy playing them, whether it’s an old Atari 2600 game or Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts for PS2. But in terms of buying and learning new games, no thank you. NES and SNES Classic Edition are plug n plays so they are no hassle and relatively cheap and have tons of games I know and still enjoy, so heck yeah on things like that. All my old systems are gathering dust at my dad’s and I’ll likely sell those one day. But I also have a Retron 3 unused, so I’ll probably bring them all down to my place soon so I’ll have for the future.

I want my daughter and other future child to experience the games I grew up loving so much, so that’s another reason to keep them around awhile. Already introduced her to some of the cartoons I loved lol. Oh, and my wife likes playing the old Mario’s and I like her watching me show off playing the games at times. I highly recommend both NES and SNES ones, although the NES one seemed to have a controller where the B button wasn’t perfect...so I bought a replacement controller at Walmart for cheap.

Wow, I didn’t know about the PlayStation Classic that’s coming up. I looked up the list of games on Wikipedia and it’s trash...no Crash Bandicoot, no Twisted Metal 2, etc, bleh. I hope they make an N64 Classic, I’ll keep my eye out for that! A Game Boy one would rock too. I have the Sega one, have had it for several years. Now you know how I love compilations. And hey, you know I always have to have my Super Metroid, Mega Man 2, and SOR2 fix at times!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.