Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > aschultz's NBA Jam review

This thread is in response to a review for NBA Jam on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: retro
Posted: November 04, 2018 (06:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I didn’t ever picture you being an NBA Jam fan, or maybe I’d forgotten. Enjoyed reading this long but cool review with your personal feelings of the Jazz. Barkley was always one of my favorites to use since he was one of the ones good at both dunks and 3’s. Yes, you can goaltend at will while on fire, that’s a trademark with all NBA Jam games. Shaq and Jordan I was always upset that they were not in the game but recall reading it was because of “licensing issues” since they had their own video games (Shaq Fu and Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City, both of which I never played). Although some other players like Barkley had their own games too, but maybe it was after NBA Jam. Another NBA Jam series trademark is my favorite: using codes to play as hidden characters, be it makers of the game (Sal Divita rocked!), mascots, or Bill Clinton. Talk about humorous!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 04, 2018 (12:22 PM)

Ha, hey Retro, I don't think Schultzy is gonna answer you. Haven't seen him round these parts in forever. That one title though: Jordan Chaos in the Windy City... is that for real?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: retro
Posted: November 06, 2018 (05:49 AM)

Yep, both were real games and on multiple platforms. Eh, who knows...look how long I went without logging in. Maybe I was only half right in saying I like the new “Activity” feature at the top....cause it did not alert me that I had a reply here or on your Ristar review, etc. Fortunately I manually decided to peep.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.