Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > hastypixels's Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 on the Switch. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 30, 2018 (11:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I think you may have selected the wrong game profile for this. There is a profile for Mega Man X Legacy Collection, another one for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 and a third profile for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2, which is the one you seem to be reviewing. Since Capcom decided to release the game so many different ways on Switch (and on other platforms, for that matter).

That aside, this was a write-up with some neat comments on the games, but it didn't feel like it wrapped things up at the end with a definitive summary. It felt more like it just ended. Also, Mega Man X8 is a game I remember being pretty good... probably the best in the series since X5. X6 and X7 were the disappointments.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: October 31, 2018 (08:11 AM)

My intent was to have this review posted for the combined listing, and I was puzzled how it landed here. I even had the picture selections arranged to match. So... how do we fix that?

As for the ending... yeah, you've got a good point. It needs a conclusion. :)

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Posted: October 31, 2018 (06:03 PM)

I have an updated version of the review all good to go, but I don't want to double post (he says, double posting in this thread...). Should I just submit it to the Megaman X Collection 1 + 2 entry?

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 31, 2018 (06:28 PM)

Hey there... just delete your review and post it again, this time under the correct listing.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 01, 2018 (09:05 AM)

I've updated the review so it is attached to the intended game now, which is a pain in the butt but doable. It's not usually an issue, because games don't often have such similar titles, but please do be careful to submit any future reviews from the correct game profile. Thanks!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: November 01, 2018 (09:22 AM)

Hey no sweat. I didn't see a delete option for the review when I went back over it, so that might not available to me. Sorry about the mess Jason, thanks for the assistance. :)

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.