Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Feedback

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 24, 2008 (06:26 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hello. Something Overdrive said the other day struck a chord with me. Unlike me, Overdrive actually reads a ton of reviews on the site, but doesn't bother to comment on them. My issue has always been that I don't actually read enough of them, but when I do, I always try to comment.

Now, judging from the amount of hits our reviews get, not everyone is as lazy as me when it comes to reading. But apparently a lot of us are like Overdrive when it comes to leaving feedback.

As reviewers, we all want to feel as if we aren't writing in a vacuum. An ear on the other end compels us to keep speaking. So even if it's just "Nice job." or something equally, seemingly thoughtless, it helps.

I'm trying to do better these days to read more. And maybe we can all do better to comment more. Collectively stroke each other's bums a bit more.

On a related note, what I'd personally like to stay away from is the topics that get started that rip the reviewer right off the bat like "Meh, this review is all over the place, what were you thinking" kind of thing.

Anyway. I'm rambling, but just my two cents.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: October 24, 2008 (06:43 AM)

I try to comment on every review I read. Which is admittedly not as much as I'd like to read, but I feel these reviewers work really hard on the reviews and the least I could do is take 10 seconds of my life to tell them I appreciate it.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 24, 2008 (06:57 AM)

You are the ideal human being.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: October 24, 2008 (08:46 AM)

I'm in your position, Masters. I should get into a habit of leaving more feedback, but the problem is that I just don't read very many reviews. This is something I can fix, though.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: October 24, 2008 (09:19 AM)

I try to comment on one review for every review I post. In an ideal world I would comment on like 3 reviews for every one of mine. Also in an ideal world, someone with a college education wouldn't be working 2 demeaning jobs for meager pay.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: October 24, 2008 (09:45 AM)

I'm kind of in the middle on this thing. I don't really read as many reviews as I should, and of those I do read, I don't always leave feedback, though I'm trying to be better about it. Most of the time the reviews I read are by people I know so I just talk to them on AIM about it. Others I wait for RotW to give feedback; often it's only around then that I read some of the reviews I should have earlier, anyway.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: October 24, 2008 (01:12 PM)

I'm trying to get in the habit of leaving more feedback, even if it's just an inane comment that acknowledges I read and did not hate the review.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 24, 2008 (01:59 PM)

I don't read many reviews, but when I do, I'll leave comment if someone else has already started a feedback thread for it.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: MASTERSNUMBA1FAN
Posted: November 02, 2008 (06:20 PM)

1) Read Masters catalog of writing
2) Study it
3) Get good
4) ????
5) Profit.

WE HERE AT LITTLE RIDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL LOVE YOU MARC

THINGS NOT TO DO: READ VENTER'S REVIEWS. WATCHING PAINT DRY IS MORE EXCITING AND FAR MORE EDUCATIONAL.

MASTERS4EVER

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.