Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > MirdBird's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic review

This thread is in response to a review for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Zydrate
Posted: July 28, 2018 (12:18 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Another staple of my youth. Did not play it nearly as much as the likes of Morrowind or Unreal, but I definitely gave it a few playthroughs with differing styles. I could probably go through Taris blindfolded at this point.

My Tumblr (Don't worry, I just talk about games)
My Steam Profile

board icon
Author: dirtsheep
Posted: July 28, 2018 (12:32 PM)

I LOVED this game back in the day. I played it on the original XBOX. Before we knew what a touch screen was. So many things were *right* about this game.

Making your own lightsaber, for gawdsakes. What color did you choose?

One of the greatest plot twists of all gaming.

The first time I personally got to see Kashyyyk, the Wookie homeworld. Did anything take us there before KOTOR?

KOTOR, when being a Jedi meant something. Wow.

And also, sadly, when the name Bioware meant something, as you suggest. How do you kill a gaming studio? Sell it to Microsoft. How do you cripple it? Sell it to EA.

Come on you boy child
You winner and loser
Come on you miner for truth and delusion
And shine!

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: August 04, 2018 (07:26 AM)

I had a great time doing pointless Jedi mind tricks from the dark side. It gained you some credits, but the sum wasn't nearly worth doing it for. It *was*, however, funny, with dialogue running something like this.

Player: "You want to give me all your credits."
NPC: "I...I want to give you all my credits."
Carth: "Uh, is it okay to use the Force like that?"
[Credits gained: 5]
[Dark Side points gained]

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: dirtsheep
Posted: August 05, 2018 (04:32 PM)

Carth. There was a guy with a self-righteous speech for any circumstance.

Come on you boy child
You winner and loser
Come on you miner for truth and delusion
And shine!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.