Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Tomb Raider review

This thread is in response to a review for Tomb Raider on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 03, 2018 (04:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Whoa, dunno how I missed this review. Excellent work. I liked this line in particular: "You can even delve into desecrated tombs and enjoy a little throwback to yesteryear, back when Lara’s adventures were more about muddling through cerebral puzzles than it was watching a soft girl turn slowly to stone."

Hard to turn evocations like that when writing about shite toilet-fodder like Knight Terrors. Maybe get back to writing about games worthy of your efforts?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 06, 2018 (09:28 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Ah, yes. Those days. When I played full studio releases and have more actual game to talk about.

I don't know why I made the full switch to indie stuff over big budget titles, but I've just never felt the urge to go back. I think I certainly wrote better reviews overall in that period, then. Simpy because there was often more subject matter at hand.

I do intend to play the new(er) Tomb Raider over the summer, though. maybe that'll jumpstart me.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.