Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's No More Heroes review

This thread is in response to a review for No More Heroes on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 25, 2018 (04:25 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Dude.. I was in the process of clearing some time away so I had time to replay this one in the next week or so. I'm not saying I won't now, bit still... Way to harsh on something I was actually looking forward to for once!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: June 25, 2018 (10:21 AM)

Gary -- Pick didn't elect to receive feedback on this review. As such, you'd do well to keep your comments to yourself. Thank you.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: June 25, 2018 (12:41 PM)

Silence, former Site King!

But seriously, it's pretty funny untimely that my review went up just as you were about to revisit the game. My first time playing it was for this review, so I was actually looking forward to the game, but... hmm. A side note to your suffering: I actually wanted to compare No More Heroes to other "brawler" type games, especially since it came out in 2008, while other stuff like the first three DMCs, God Hand, which did both the action and comedy much better, preceded the game by several years. Hell, Devil May Cry 4 came out the same month as NMH. I ultimately decided against it, since it would seem like I was rubbing salt in its wound. I wanted the review to acknowledge, to what I consider, the game's flaws without outside help.

Though, if there's an upside to the whole thing, it's that playing the game actually made me buy a used copy of the sequel (came in the mail today), which I never intended to do going into the first game. I won't review or play it now, since I'm drained playing Suda51-directed games for now, but it will happen down the line.

Thanks for reading, btw!

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.