Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Airlock review

This thread is in response to a review for Airlock on the Atari 2600. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: October 21, 2008 (05:52 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You've still made me want to look at this game quickly :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: October 21, 2008 (08:17 PM)

LOL, so there are five levels that, if done correctly, take literally one minute to complete. And that's the game. That's it. Wow.

Nice review, though. The shallowness of Airlock came through nicely.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 22, 2008 (10:11 AM)

Bloomer
And I'd actually encourage you to take a quick look at this game. Like a decent number of old, old titles, it can give one a sense of perspective on things. Especially when the game is this simplistic, repetitive and dull. It's essentially like the first screen of Donkey Kong, but much worse. It sort of makes me think there are two classes of games that deserve a "1" -- those that seem to have some sort of ambition behind them, but are so hopelessly flawed they come off as unplayable or nearly so AND those like this one which seem to just be inept, period. There's no real ambition in its creation, it's just a lame version of another game's first level, it looks horrible even by the standards of the day and I could go on and on. It's like how when an actor looks like they don't care about the role they're doing, you say they're just "phoning it in"......that's how I feel about Data Age with this game, as I know I've played games by them I liked.

Mrmiyamoto
Yeah. 49 seconds (or 99 in the "advanced" mode). And it's just you jumping to get a key, going in one direction jumping those box shapes on the floor and the moving torpedo, jumping to get a second key, taking the elevator to the next floor and doing the same thing in the opposite direction. That's it. The second screen, if you play that mode, has more things to jump over.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.