Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dagoss's Fantasia review

This thread is in response to a review for Fantasia on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: October 21, 2008 (10:24 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Dagoss, I usually enjoy your writings, but this review lacks purpose -- you don't analyze the game you review! I played Fantasia just now to take some screenshots of it. And yes, the game is very bad. A nice little paragraph would be sufficient to explain the game's faults, namely that it has stiff control, poor hit detection, and Micky can only conjure a few offensive attacks before he's out of magical ammo. You should probably also state that this is a platformer. Otherwise, I'm not sure what this article's purpose is or why it needs to appear as a review.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: October 21, 2008 (04:32 PM)

I agree. I wanted to try a different angle, but perhaps I did not find the best one. I thought an irrelevant game should be treated irrelevantly, especially when it misses the point as badly as this one did. Live and learn.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 24, 2008 (06:17 AM)

Hey dagoss, I like where you were going with this review, in terms of an unorthodox approach to an address a game that almost doesn't deserve to be addressed.

But let me tell you what I came away with, to give you an idea of the impact of your approach: I literally thought that Fantasia might be a game that just introduces kids to music, much like your experiences with the movie.

It actually didn't occur to me that it might be a platformer or a game at all, until I saw Felix's comments and checked the screenshots.

But I applaud your courage in trying something new.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.