Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Terranigma review

This thread is in response to a review for Terranigma on the SNES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: magnaroth00dark
Posted: March 27, 2018 (05:15 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Is this review a joke? Otherwise I dont really understand it.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 27, 2018 (04:59 PM)

I dunno. I kind of agree with Marc on this one. I felt Terranigma didn't age well, and wasn't as good as its predecessors. It's not a joke; Marc just didn't like it.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 28, 2018 (08:11 AM)

Yeah, I remember really thinking I'd love Terranigma when I started it. And I did until partway through the largest chapter (where cities and humans are entering the equation) when the dungeons and such started getting replaced by:

1. Having to make that "walk just right or start over" trek over the desert a couple times.

2. The town-building game.

3. Having to scour the world to find essentially hidden locations, at least one containing a key item.

4. That horrible stealth section in one late-chapter castle.

5. Bloody Mary, the boss that's near impossible unless you think to use magic, something that doesn't even work on any other boss in the entire game.

It could have been a great game. But when other humans joined it, they decided they needed to make one chapter essentially a self-contained game with its own plot and put the focus on that instead of "go there, do dungeon; go there, do another dungeon" and everything suffered, turning it into something pretty mediocre.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.