Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Horizon Zero Dawn review

This thread is in response to a review for Horizon Zero Dawn on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: January 15, 2018 (06:19 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review. I'm playing this game now, and haven't gotten very far at all, really, so I haven't encountered half of the machines you talk about in your review. Makes me kind of nervous, actually, because so far, I've played it stealthy and tend to run from tougher encounters because I haven't really grasped the combat yet. I mean, I struggle with sawtooths, especially when there's more than one. And you can forget about Bellowbacks; those things murder me right now. I also don't seem to have much luck (or skill, I guess) taking out machine components. Not sure if I'm just missing that much or not executing it right. Your description of firing several arrows in rapid succession gives me something to try, as I tend to shoot slowly in the hopes of achieving accuracy.

Anyway, I'm having a good time with this. I've also done a lot of side questy things because I find it more entertaining than the main plot. Though, like you point out, the mystery of Aloy's, well, mysterious past and everything surrounding the previous civilization does keep me curious, so I've leaned toward progressing the story myself just to see things through.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 16, 2018 (01:52 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, the side quests were actually well done in this game. They all had so much personality that they didn't feel like menial tasks.

Bellowbacks are the bane of my existence. Those guys and stormbirds. There's one corruption zone that took me forever because you have to fight a corrupted fire bellowback, and I had a hell of a time taking it out. It also had a few other machines along with it to distract me, which only makes things worse. I think I ended up using my tripcaster a lot in that battle. Hell, I used the tripcaster a lot throughout the game, especially against humans.

Anyway, thank you for reading!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.