Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Site King 2017 - The Stats

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 01, 2018 (06:18 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

First - our top five:

1st: -- EmP
2nd: -- Joe
3rd: -- Pickhut
4th: -- Masters
5th: -- OD

Throughout most of the year, the top two places were dominated by EmP and Pick. But, due to a scoring system that presented bonus points to placements in busier weeks, Joe's strong October showing when we were flooded with Horror reviews catapulted him into contention.

Masters wasn't anywhere near the top five until the last few months of the year when he went on a ridiculous winning streak. Marc's comeback tour has in fact secured him more first place finishes than any other person on site.

Joe scored the most podium finishes of the entire group.

Jason's last week win would have seen him steal OD's fifth slot had OD not placed. Rob snuck in third and kept his place by the narrowest of margins.

Aside from one time when he came second, every single one of Nightfire's placements were wins.

EmP's won although he has secured less first place finishes than Masters and Pickhut. He's only come third twice, but has considerably more second place finishes than everyone else.

With that said, all hail me, new king of the site. I debut my new royal avatar to mark this occasion. With another year of RotW secured, I'll run this again and give you, my loyal subjects, the chance to dethrone me. But will default to a significantly simpler and much more transparent system.

Onwards, then, to 2018!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 01, 2018 (10:23 AM)

Congrats to Emp, and to everyone else who placed. This thing (which I only found out existed a few weeks ago) is a nice indicator of how hard folks are working to submit high quality stuff while also being prolific. It ain't easy to do both!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: January 01, 2018 (10:23 PM)

Rigged, I tell ya.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: January 02, 2018 (09:01 AM)

Ha, yes, it looks suspect. He should have let me, or one of the other losers post the topic on his behalf!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: January 03, 2018 (12:31 PM)

Fifth place isn't that bad, considering that for a good chunk of the year I only was eligible 2/3 weeks, I say, ignoring minor details such as how EmP won the thing under the same constraint as I.

I'd say I'll be more productive this year, but I just started Dark Souls, so I'm expecting months of "Well, I didn't finish anything, but after 35974036 tries, I defeated (insert name of random boss that Souls pros can beat blindfolded by now) so I can move on to the next region!" instead of me actually beating games and writing about them.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.