Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus review

This thread is in response to a review for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 24, 2017 (07:51 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review, pick. I was really interested in this game, because I have the other two, and liked them both (I did like The Old Blood quite a bit better, as you did).

I caught some typos:

"Even the way soldiers instinctively strife..."

"I wish I can give the devs credit for..."

This one isn't a typo, but I don't think "dissidence" is the right word?

"I kept playing in hopes that the overall product would drastically improve in some way, that maybe some kind of dissidence would penetrate the mediocrity..."

Anyway, great analysis, as sad as your take might be. I'm still going to buy the game, but I'll wait until I can get it on the cheap. There's a Black Friday sale now, and I think it's 40% off, but I don't think that's quite enough.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: November 24, 2017 (11:29 AM)

Agh, always mix up strife for strafe. Hope I don't make that mistake if I ever review Strafe... And I guess I was using dissidence in a sense like "disruption would interrupt the blandness" but I'll change that, too. Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing a typo in the second one? Developers?

But yeah, thanks for the comments! I was originally not going to buy Wolf 2, but I changed my mind at the last second out of curiosity's sake because I wanted to see how it held up or improved compared to the others. I really feel like it's not using its premise to the full extent. I mean: what's to prevent The New Order and The New Colossus from taking place in WW2-era Wolfenstein? I keep thinking back on the first stage of The New Order, which took place during WW2, and thinking, "Okay? Why the time skip if all the futuristic, advanced stuff is happening now?"

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 24, 2017 (05:28 PM)

Oh, the second correction should be:

"I wish I can give the devs credit for..."

"I wish I COULD give the devs credit for..."

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: November 24, 2017 (07:11 PM)

Ohhhhh, okay. Yeah, surprised I missed that. Thanks.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.