Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: November 02, 2017 (09:19 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I don't think I could have done this any better. I was disappointed in the same ways as you by this collection. It's hard to imagine what got in the way of including the games they left out. Emulation is covered, licensing is solid... unless other developers had a hand in and it isn't?

It seemed like sure a sure-fire win. How did they miss this one?

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: November 02, 2017 (01:19 PM)

I did a little digging and, according to this article towards the end, Capcom was only concerned about doing the numbered games for Legacy 2.

What harm would adding at least one extra game, Mega Man & Bass, do to the project? That sucks.

Well, either two things will happen now: we're not going to see a Legacy 3 Collection and they'll just focus on something else (X?), or this'll be the end for the MM collections if this doesn't sell well by the company's standards. Judging by how other collections in the medium have fared in the past, I'll be surprised if the latter doesn't happen.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 03, 2017 (09:22 AM)

I heard somewhere that there was a digital distribution rights dispute with Mega Man & Bass, making it difficult and potentially costly to include. If so, that's a shame.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the either did a Legacy Collection 3 to include that game, Mega Man Soccer, the two fighting games and Mega Man Battle & Chase, or made one huge, all-inclusive compilation (which they honestly should've done in the first place).

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: November 03, 2017 (08:56 PM)

Yeesh, I hope not. And if anything, I really hope it's not the GBA version if they actually include it in a collection or a digital download in the future. Pains me to see that game's screen get reduced.

But yeah, if there ever is a Legacy 3, I can't think of nothing but the oddball releases. Though, business wise, I would rather they move on to something like the X series again, and just include those oddities as extras. For the sake of "prolonging" the lifespan of these collections Capcom is suddenly coming out with.

I keep forgetting about Battle & Chase's existence. Funny how Sony rejected a NA release of the game because they didn't want too many kart racers on their system. I guess Crash Team Racing, Chocobo Racing, Bomberman Race, South Park Rally, Looney Tunes Racing, Walt Disney Racing, Toy Story Racer, Speed Punks, and Lego Racers, all which came out years after Battle & Chase's estimated 1997 release, were just a figment of our imaginations.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 04, 2017 (05:24 AM)

I own a copy of Battle & Chase. Sunk a couple of hours into it back when, and it didn't strike me as anything special.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 04, 2017 (09:37 AM)

Capcom was going through its "Let's be buttheads to Capcom" phase at that point. They were mean about even letting Mega Man X games happen, because they were 2D, as I recall.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: November 05, 2017 (07:19 AM)

Specifically, Mega Man X4 was rejected. I can only imagine it was eventually approved for NA release the same way Mega Man 8 was: Sony had no interest in the game until Sega approved the game on the Saturn. Which makes it a wonder why they approved Mega Man X5 and 6. They probably looked at the sales figures for X4, I'm guessing.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.