Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > jerec's StreetPass Mii Plaza review

This thread is in response to a review for StreetPass Mii Plaza on the 3DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 16, 2017 (02:59 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for reviewing this! When I added the listing recently, I said to myself "There's no way anyone will actually take the time to review it, let alone do it justice," but I was wrong and I'm happy to admit it.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: February 16, 2017 (03:04 PM)

I was thinking about reviewing this the other day and I was wondering if I'd have to fight you to get it added to the listings, but then I did a search and it was there, amazingly enough.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: February 18, 2017 (03:32 PM)

Y'know even in Canada it can be a pain to amass StreetPasses. I resorted to "jostling" my 3DS until it produced the coins I wanted. Lazy, I know - it wasn't always possible to carry my 3DS to work where I was walking a lot.

Why we only get the new 3DS XL up here has never made any dang sense to me, but then, that's Nintendo for you. Now it doesn't make any real sense for me to own one of those. I'm glad you mentioned the Raspi Pass. Even in the city, it's not smart to walk around with your 3DS hanging out, unless you want to replace it, that is...

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Posted: February 18, 2017 (08:42 PM)

Yeah, I used to take my old 3DS with me when I went for walks, but since upgrading to an XL (and later a New XL), they don't fit in my pocket, and I rarely carry a bag when I'm out and about.

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: February 22, 2017 (01:24 PM)

Great review. It was super long, but considering the content, that seemed appropriate. I also liked how you broke down each minigame entry with HTML breaks and bolded headings. This was quite a different read, but in a good way. Now I know all about Streetpass. I still have no interest in playing it, though. It has also affirmed my belief that Nintendo has gotten weird in its old age.

A last note: Here is the definition of "mixed bag". You're welcome.

placid like acid

board icon
Posted: February 22, 2017 (02:44 PM)

Thanks Nightfire. The mixed bag thing was a bit of an in-joke because I've sometimes complained about people using it as a description, like how can you have a mixed bag of graphics?

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: February 22, 2017 (04:02 PM)

Hmm... An example that comes to mind for a "mixed bag of graphics" is FTL: Faster than Light. It had a mash-up of pixel graphics, crisp line drawings and photorealistic backgrounds, not all of which worked well together.

Also, while most games obviously have a more consistent graphical style, there are the odd titles out there that cut corners or get sloppy at certain portions of development.

I know that's not a very witty answer, but you asked. :X

placid like acid

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 22, 2017 (07:13 PM)

Yeah, "mixed bag" makes sense in a lot of contexts. That's the chief problem with using the term: it's too darn useful, which means a lot of writers--some of them hacks and some of them not--have liberally used it before you. For that reason, you should generally find some other way to make your point. Generally... but not always. ;-)

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.