Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Drury's Convoy review

This thread is in response to a review for Convoy on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: February 13, 2017 (10:49 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This was a very thorough analysis of Convoy's combat and how it compares/differs to FTL. I have to agree that it sort of comes down to an "apples and oranges" argument as to what you prefer, but I fully agree that the combat is the high point of Convoy and it is definitely better than FTL's combat in a heartbeat. However, the rest of the game (including its high reliance on RNG to resolve everything) is what really bugged me about it.

Case in point: Your confusion about the vehicle upgrades. It is, in fact, possible to get a game-breakingly powerful weapon very early on if you roll the dice right, whether by salvaging from an encounter or buying it from a camp, and doing so will solidify your chances of winning for that particular playthrough. However, if you're unlucky, you might discover that every camp on the map only offers crappy utility upgrades with no weapons available to purchase, and you may as well just restart the game right then and there.

All in all, it's a good game, but definitely has its share of problems.

Also, nice usage of the screenshots that I painstakingly took for my own review of this game. You're welcome.

placid like acid

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 13, 2017 (01:31 PM)

To be honest, twas I who 'borrowed' you screens and placed them in this review. So good were they, I thought, that they should get double the exposure.

Yes.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: February 13, 2017 (05:41 PM)

Not a problem. I imagine that any images I upload to the site are fair game for sneaky blobbies like yourself anyway.

placid like acid

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 13, 2017 (06:08 PM)

Yup, that is the goal. I add screenshots all the time that I'll never use, in hopes that others will find them helpful if they decide to review the games in question. We all benefit when our work looks the best it can. *hugs all around*

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.