Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Rise & Shine review

This thread is in response to a review for Rise & Shine on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: January 31, 2017 (01:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I felt that this review felt a little bit cluttered in places. However, after viewing some footage of this game, I think I understand why. This game seems like a bit of a mess, and most of us would probably have trouble describing it succinctly. You sure did your best with it, though.

As a side note, I have to say that I do not, in fact, see "what they did there" by titling the game Rise & Shine. It just seems like maybe that was the codename for the project that ended up becoming the title of the game and the names of the characters because of laziness and/or arbitrary reasons. A boy named "Rise" and a gun named "Shine" doesn't seem to have much to do with the overall theme of referencing other video games, aside from simply sounding like a snappy title. It's a nice title I guess, but if there's a gimmick there, I don't get it.

But I digress. This piece was overflowing with your usual blend of adept descriptions mixed with anecdotal experiences. However, you were bumped out because some of the sentences felt a bit run-on. There were also a few places where the punctuation could've been tighter. Really minor things. It's still a strong piece overall. In another week, this one would've easily taken first place.

Sorry, buddeh. I know it comes as a shock that you got bounced out of ROTW, but it was super tight this time around.

placid like acid

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 31, 2017 (04:09 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

No complaints here. I want a site that's constantly pushing me to write better reviews, and I want a RotW that's all about rewarding quality, not name recognition. If the byproduct is an output of work the likes of this, then I benefit, the site benefits, and we all benefit. Besides, it'll take a fair bit more than this to dent the raging inferno that has become my ego.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts regardless of my lack of placement, and congrats on getting through probably the toughest week we've had since we reinstated RotW.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.