Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > jerec's Final Fantasy XV review

This thread is in response to a review for Final Fantasy XV on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: January 02, 2017 (05:33 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

It's games like this that tempt me to give the current console generation a shot. Your review sounds on par with others I've heard ... that this is an imperfect experience, but draws on the strengths of the Square RPGs we loved most.

That's not an easy trick to pull ... Square pretty much lost us in the last gen ... Lightning has it where it counts, but her games are a waste of space. It's fascinating how disconnected they can be.

I hear also that Square will be expanding the last rush chapters of the game, too. A little nervous making, perhaps? It's weird to have something changed that is technically complete, especially such a personal experience like this.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: January 02, 2017 (09:44 PM)

Definitely. There were times when I thought the game could do more with the story, even though I was really enjoying it.

I'm not sure what sort of precedent this would set for patching a narrative. It also means the game that is released on disc, and the game that is released now, might not be the definitive version of the story. It's a little different to DLC Chapters, which are more like extra stories, and usually self-contained.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: January 03, 2017 (10:10 PM)

There an argument also for the archivists of the world, and that's also an interesting point. Remembering the past by capturing it - a worthy endeavour to be sure. Just not one of mine.

This is why I prefer digital downloads in the case of games like this one. The ability to at least address some of the issues that lackluster PC ports can leave us with. Also, cheap DLC in a bundle after the product cools off. Yay! Modern consoles aren't escaping from these issues, are they?

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.