Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > hastypixels's Transistor review

This thread is in response to a review for Transistor on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Zydrate
Posted: January 02, 2017 (01:26 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I went in expecting something like Bastion but was instead given rapidfire tutorials that I didn't have time to comprehend and was too intimidated to continue playing. Kind of wish I refunded it but I don't mind supporting the studio and the soundtrack was worth it alone.

My Tumblr (Don't worry, I just talk about games)
My Steam Profile

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: January 02, 2017 (05:07 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I don't see a way that an easy mode could have improved its situation, but I'd have loved the abilities to be simpler, overall. I adore Transistor, it's just an overload. In fact, I put it down for several months after my first play because of that.

I felt more comfortable with the mechanics when I picked it up again, but I don't feel like I could master it. I've come away from my experience with Transistor is like a meal you only have once a year because it's just too rich, or expensive, to consume regularly.

You might give it another shot. It takes time to adjust to an unfamiliar setting. Culture shock is natural, and it happens in games all the time. I wasn't disappointed with my hard work when I beat it.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.