Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > hastypixels's Stardew Valley review

This thread is in response to a review for Stardew Valley on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: December 30, 2016 (10:47 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Well done, hasty. I had to read at least one review of this game, as I personally have been vacillating about whether to purchase it or not. In reading your (well-written) review, I am now determined to play the game.

However...I've read there are performance issues PARTICULARLY on the console versions. I had not read about any PC issues until your review. In any event, I do not game on PC at all, so I'm really concerned about spending any money at all on a terribly performing game. Do you have any comment on the console side of things?

Great review here. Loved your mastery of the language--your ability to write an enthralling review of a game that, while amazing to older Harvest Moon-type players, is steeped in mundanity. Hope to read more from you.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: December 31, 2016 (05:43 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I haven't heard any complaints about performance on console, but apparently using a controller complicates mini-games like fishing. Tools like the slingshot are avoided on principle, being really silly to target on principle.

The PC version has controller support, and I found targeting with tools awkward. The left analog stick controls the on screen cursor, which you need to use to pick up items, and that takes getting used to. I don't know if the console version has keyboard/mouse support, though most do at the OS level, which means it's possible.

Thank you for your feedback. Goal achieved. :) Stardew Valley has possibly the most positive atmosphere in the entire gaming industry. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.