Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's A Quiver of Crows review

This thread is in response to a review for A Quiver of Crows on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: November 14, 2016 (08:58 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hooray, finally some reviews! It's been nearly a week! I was beginning to think that the site had gone catatonic after all that election nonsense.

Good read, by the way. I, too, have little patience for games that simply rely on RNG for their challenge. There's a little too much of that out there these days. I think this may be because some players are quick to deem a game "too easy" if there is even a single easy way to master it, a way that is easily communicated via the internet to all the other gamers out there who will, of course, immediately employ it. I touched on this a little bit with my Darkest Dungeon review and how it can potentially ruin an otherwise viable title.

I kinda miss the days before everybody had an internet connection, where there was a certain amount of personal discovery involved in finding out how a game works, finding its flaws, developing workable strategies and beating it on your own terms. Nowadays all you have to do is plug in a single google search or look up a FAQ and all of the work is done for you.

placid like acid

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 18, 2016 (01:16 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Managed to rise out of my post-horror burn-out to finally spit this one out. There's more on the way from my side, and I'll be more active in the Steam group once more once I regain my bearings.

That said, I really wanted to like this game. There's a lot about it that's very well realized, but it also constantly feels like slamming your head against a wall because you often have so little control in how and if you progress.

Thanks for reading!

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.