Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Project: Horror

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 05, 2019 (09:02 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yay!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 31, 2019 (11:01 AM)

Nailed it with room to spare. Excellent work, Joe. Minimal props, everyone else.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: October 01, 2020 (02:41 PM)

God help me...

Here we go!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 01, 2020 (08:21 PM)

It's a monstrous undertaking. Best of luck to you and any other participants as you claw your way toward the October 31 finish line!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 02, 2020 (06:54 AM)

Joe is already 10 reviews behind schedule.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 03, 2020 (07:29 AM)

Ah, and now we can play the inevitable "Will Rob finish and review Bloodborne before the month is out or will that one drop in November, where it doesn't help this project AT ALL?!?!?" game.

I mean, it is possible. I'm in the Upper Cathedral Ward, so I'm getting near done with the main game. But also have all the DLC to do and I haven't even started the Level 3 Chalice Dungeons, let alone try the L4 or 5 ones. And I'm also playing 4 other games, with the closest to horror being Dishonored (zombie-like enemies and rat plagues and vibes of cosmic horror...which mean that would technically count...better figure out a way to get past the guards, tallboy and watchtower area in C6!).

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 03, 2020 (08:51 AM)

I don't think Dishonored really counts. I mean, I'm a super chicken and I made my way pretty far into that game without feeling scared by anything. It has some neat atmosphere, but it's not a horror game...

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: October 05, 2020 (08:57 AM)

Ah, you're right on that, but it is sort of funny how the game has all these horror elements, but it's not an actual horror game and those zombies and rats are more or less simply obstacles to overcome that become tougher to do so the more chaos you create in doing your job.

board icon
Posted: October 07, 2020 (02:54 AM)

I had a grand idea for this year's OctJOEber. Then the pandemic hit, my anxiety rocketed well past normal and my brain basically had to have time to reset. This was what led to me playing stuff like Aldred Knight.

My original idea: to do an entire Alphabet Marathon during this month, entitled "Alphabet Murderthon." Of course, the proposed list I had for games to cover included a lot of shitty adventure games because they're quick and easy to finish, and hammering out reviews for them is quite simple. In other words, I don't know if it would've been worth the effort anyway.

So I have made this decision: I'll save the Murderthon for either next year or 2022 with an improved list of at least decently well-known games or those that have cult followings. I'm going to post some of the stuff I had saved up for that, minus one game that I'll save for next year: Joe's Diner. Because really, how many horror games beginning with J are there?

board icon
Posted: October 07, 2020 (02:34 PM)

You should post a list-in-progress for the letters on your blog or something. We might be able to help you fill some of the holes.

As for this year, as is always the case, I will accept any and all help I can get.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 08, 2020 (02:25 PM)

I might do something horror related this month, but don't consider that a promise. I already scrapped one horror game because it was making me dizzy 15 minutes in (it was VR and had a lot of abstract colors and lighting effects), so chances of trying for another "horror" related game is 50/50 at this point.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Posted: October 31, 2020 (01:09 PM)

Another year done -- good work, gang.

board icon
Posted: October 01, 2021 (04:28 PM)

You all know this is a thing -- why would you submit two in the same day? This is hard enough to organise without people actively sabotaging me!

I'll get into awful HTML graphs once my deafening inner rage quells.

board icon
Posted: October 01, 2021 (07:01 PM)

I, uh, didn't really notice we'd moved from one month to the next until after I'd put it up. That kind of thing happens a lot with me.

board icon
Posted: October 01, 2021 (07:28 PM)

I'll try not to double post, just like I tried not to spend a ton of money on the Vans horror apparel collection that dropped yesterday. 😁

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 01, 2021 (08:53 PM)

I better see TWO Alan Wake reviews this month to make up for the absence of one last year.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 01, 2021 (11:15 PM)

Alan Wake Remastered is out in a few days. Someone could probably buy it, finish it, and review it before the end of the month.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: October 06, 2021 (09:14 AM)

I have a contribution, but it looks like there was already a submission today, so I'll submit it tomorrow morning (is that the etiquette here or is there a more organized thing going on?)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: October 06, 2021 (09:21 AM)

There is no organisation. At all. First person to sub a review has the spot for that day. Unless you're Rob, who exists exclusively to try me.

board icon
Posted: October 06, 2021 (10:43 AM)

DAMN STRAIGHT!

board icon
Posted: October 15, 2021 (01:38 PM)

"There is no organisation. At all. First person to sub a review has the spot for that day. Unless you're Rob, who exists exclusively to try me. "

To not be too trying this time, I submitted a review using, for the first time, the site's "delay posting" function so it comes up tomorrow morning. Like 4:30 a.m., give or take. So if something goes wrong with that, it's the site's fault and if someone else tries to take the day before mine actually does appear, I'm blameless there, too, since I delay-submitted mine already and even gave fair warning!

I mean, it's only barely brushes on horror, being a cartoonish game that happens to have undead and monsters in it, but it's close enough for me and that's all that matters.

board icon
Posted: October 31, 2021 (01:56 PM)

Another year done - one of the easiest to track yet. Joe scores the MVP spot (as usual) but thanks to Rob, Pick, dagoss and surprise entry, Jason. There was so much outside help, I have reviews written I never even needed to use. They'll now sit in my draft folder until I forget they exits, or break them out for next year.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.