Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Dark Souls III review

This thread is in response to a review for Dark Souls III on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: April 25, 2016 (06:01 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great read. The amount of references in the game was definitely a little much, but the story had a great payoff all things considered. I was lucky enough to have no performance issues or glitches with my AMD card.

I think it's the best in the series, but I'm currently only a few hours into DS2 which I haven't ever beaten, so we'll see.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: April 25, 2016 (09:08 AM)

I haven't finished DS3 yet (trying to beat the boss of Grand Archives) but I think that's pretty much the end of the game. It sounds like we mostly agree on the game in that Souls is starting to feel a bit routine for me. I mean, I definitely think DS3 has better level design and enemy layout than DS2, but I actually preferred Bloodborne for its different, more aggressive combat. I'm not sure I'd agree the game is really any harder than the others. I actually got all the way to Irithyll without figuring out how to upgrade the Estus Flask. The game's a lot faster and seems more built around meele builds (which pretty much fucked my INT build), but the shortcuts and bonfires are stupidly plentiful. Also a lot of the enemy AI can be confused by circling around them (which is also silly since the window for backstabs is super generous). As far as the weapon skills go, I found them more useful in PVP to try to catching someone off guard or eat through their stamina bar.

Overall the game is way better than anything else I've played this year but I kinda hope that there's a Bloodborne 2 next instead of a DS4.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 25, 2016 (09:39 PM)

Thanks very much to both of you for reading!

holdthephone: I can pretty much guarantee that Dark Souls II won't wind up being your favorite in the series.

Genj: I wouldn't say that DS3 is more difficult than Demon's or DS1, both of which are brutal, but I thought DS2 was a cakewalk (at least for mandatory stuff) and Bloodborne only gave me trouble for the first few bosses until I got used to the no-shields thing. Plus Bloodborne feels like it pulls back after a while regardless of that, whereas DS3's late-game content is some of its toughest.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.