Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Latinnus's Dust: An Elysian Tail review

This thread is in response to a review for Dust: An Elysian Tail on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 18, 2016 (02:22 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey,

So, I've made a few edits from your original review. I've gone through and tidied up a few spelling errors; I understand English is not your first language, so don't be afraid to use something like an online spellcheck program just to check through a finished review and highlight any errors that might be within.

I think the best advise I can give you is to work more on showing, not telling. You employ literal lists to throw bullet-points at the reader, but more of an impression could be made if you talked about the instances that lead you to these conclusions. The game's too easy; why? Talk about a particular area that you felt let you down by not offering enough challenge. You enjoyed the level construction -- great, but give an example of why you felt it worked so well.

One of the other alterations I've made is the edit out your instances of saying "the game" a lot. Feel free to name drop the game's title in these instances if that's a phrase you see cropping up a lot.

You have a decent foundation for the spine of a review. the next step is to flesh out your reviews so that they show a complete picture rather then point out a few things and ask the reader to blindly take your word for it.

Hope that helps.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.