Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's The Witness review

This thread is in response to a review for The Witness on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: February 03, 2016 (07:05 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Interesting take! Pretty accurate on how Blow works or even tries harder than he needs to. Braid is one of my favorite indie games and I personally thought it could've done without its post-game explanation of its own meaning. The game speaks for itself and was pretty powerful without all the nuclear bomb nonsense. In fact, I like to pretend it's not in there. I'm sure the Witness is also just a straight up enjoyable piece of game design and doesn't need all the extra layers to be considered something masterful.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 03, 2016 (03:06 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Weirdly enough, I just learned that The Witness has a secret extra ending that I haven't seen. I'm a little afraid to look into it precisely because I'm so happy with the theory I've come up with here, but eh, if I don't like it, I may do what you did with Braid and just pretend it's not there.

Thanks a lot for reading :)

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.