Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Monster Strike review

This thread is in response to a review for Monster Strike on the iOS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 01, 2016 (01:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'm still sore that I missed the Godzilla collab. Maybe they'll do a new one once Godzilla: Resurgence (new Japanese Godzilla movie) hits.

A great review you have here for one of the few mobile titles worth playing. I still stand by Puzzle & Dragons, though I've given up that game, as well as Brave Story and Monster Strike. I was sinking way too many hours into games like this to the point that I was becoming unproductive at home, eating up my phone battery like it was nothing, and sometimes going way over my data plan whenever I forgot to connect to a hotspot.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: January 01, 2016 (01:54 AM)

I've had several games of this sort going. It's easy to find a few decent mobile titles and start playing them just a little bit every day, and suddenly you're spending an hour or two every day on mobile games that you don't even especially enjoy anymore, just because you've already invested so much time in them. So I hope that reviewing Monster-Strike (which I still do like, mostly) and other titles along those lines will free me up to move on and play games that have a definite beginning and end.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 01, 2016 (02:07 AM)

Ugh, I started playing Tap Titans the other day and I discovered two things about it:
1) I flat out don't like it, and
2) I can't stop playing it.

I think, as you said, reviewing it will give me enough of a sense of finality so I can move away from it before it becomes another time sink.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.