Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Star Wars Battlefront review

This thread is in response to a review for Star Wars Battlefront on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 19, 2015 (06:02 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Heh. I was looking forward to this game if I ever got a PS4, but after reading this, I'm not so sure it's worth it. It sounds like they tried to keep the spirit of the original series, but failed by limiting the content.

The original series, Battlefront II in particular, had several modes as well, but at least from my memory, they felt distinct. The weapons and classes were very distinctive as well. You could play as a simple soldier (blasters, primarily) to an engineer (which used a shotgun-inspired weapon and had the ability to slice into vehicles), a demolition expert (rocket launcher), and so on. This game sounds like it scrapped all this diversity and decided to just stick to traditional blasters.

The power-ups and related abilities sound interesting, but it's disappointing that, from what it sounds like, it gets old after a while. I'm also disappointed that much of the focus seems to be on multiplayer because it basically means to me that if I ever get around to playing this, I won't be able to enjoy the full experience because all the servers will more or less be empty by the time because people got tired of the game. I also like to pursue 100% completion whenever possible, and multiplayer really limits that possibility for me (or at least makes it that much more difficult).

Anyway, thanks for the review; it really put this in perspective. I may ultimately pass on it altogether until a better one comes out, if that ever happens. Might be like the first series. Maybe this developer will create Battlefront II, and it will be far superior to the original. *shrug*

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: December 20, 2015 (12:40 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

From what you described, content from the original games could have made this new one so much more better had they been included. I'm personally getting a lot of play time from this one, but that's only because I've already bought it... I still wouldn't recommend it at full price. The game is basic fun, but like I said in the review, it's not an excusable product when other multiplayer-focused titles from years prior had much more content at launch.

Thanks for reading!

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.