Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Double Dragon review

This thread is in response to a review for Double Dragon on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: whelkman
Posted: December 02, 2015 (09:43 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey Masters, long time no see. I came here to say that this review is spot on, especially this part: "all of this will seem like a terrible glitch, but when you realize it isn't, you'll wonder why the programmers couldn't just slow it down a bit, and tighten things up."

Everything's so twitchy. I swear I'm pressing the buttons consistently but Bimmy's doing things on his own. This game seems to require frame-level precision to reliably pull off basic moves.

Oh well, at least it's easy. Downed it in 15 minutes on the first try. I think I lost 5 lives, 3 of those to falling into pits I couldn't see in advance because Bimmy needs to get so close to the edge of the screen to make it scroll you'd think he was making love to it.

Shame because, like you say, the game really looks the part and the sound, while probably not the best effort, is convincing enough.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: December 03, 2015 (01:14 PM)

Hi Whelk, good to hear from you, and thanks for reading and commenting.

Wow, did I really write this 12 years ago? Crazier still, are you really playing Double Dragon on the Genesis for the first time in 2015?? =)

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the review. I hope you stick around or continue to lurk.

board icon
Author: whelkman
Posted: December 03, 2015 (01:45 PM)

I just discovered Retroachievements and am playing around with it. The "achievement of the week" is completing this port. I had no idea there was a Genesis port, but given the 1992 release date I can see how I missed it. After playing I searched for reviews to see if anyone shared my frustrations, and this one fit the best.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.