Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zigfried's Gungrave review

This thread is in response to a review for Gungrave on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 24, 2015 (02:39 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Here's a nostalgic tale; before I arrived to save this website in late 2004 I watched a really cool anime by the name of Gungrave recommended to me by long time 'net pal, DoI. This anime was a complex tale of love and betrail and redemption. It was shockingly good, but I learnt, with a heavy heart, that the game of the same name (like so many PlayStation games of that era) did not get a PAL port and I would probably never get to play it. Fast forward a few years and I arrived on site, making this perhaps the first review that I read. Not only did it not mention the broken bonds of brotherhood and the emotionally exhusting toil of redemption but said nothing on the awesome fat zombie/helicopter hybrid known to the world as Bob. And I didn't care about not playing the game anymore. This became the foundation of the lifelong Zig/EmP brotherhood.

True story.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: August 24, 2015 (03:27 PM)

Wondering what ASchultz was up to and then finding his reviews posted here is what brought me to HG. That and the fact that I wanted my reviews to not suck anymore, and therefore sought the feedback that GameFAQs no longer provided.

True story.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: Robotic_Attack
Posted: August 27, 2015 (07:38 AM)

I'm sure it hasn't aged well, but I used to love Gungrave. The fun is in trying to get your combo as high as possible by constantly moving and shooting. Love the character design and atmosphere too.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.