Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Submerged review

This thread is in response to a review for Submerged on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 04, 2015 (03:28 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Takes three years off, pops in outta nowhere and drops a day one review. Marc Golding, ladies and gents.

I'm a little gutted about this game; I was thinking about picking it up on the PC, but I was slightly taken aback when I read another review that dropped a decent chunk of spoilers. I was further taken aback when reading this review and learning about its limitations. Thanks for popping out of the void to offer me seconds thoughts.

See you in 2018!

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 04, 2015 (04:13 PM)

Thanks for pimping my review (as always), Gary. I had more in the review, but took some borderline spoiler content out. Felt a bit odd to submit a review, but in the end I was glad to do it.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: August 04, 2015 (09:56 PM)

You there! Write more reviews!

Also, thanks for writing this, and good job! This one seems to have just popped up out of nowhere and has been exciting people (such as myself) purely for its visual style, so thanks for saving me the $18 bucks that this thing costs.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: August 05, 2015 (05:16 AM)

Nice read. Seems to me that it didn't need to say more than it did, the message got across loud and clear. A pity this game didn't accomplish what it presumably set out to do, because I don't imagine "interesting premise but let's stop there" was the intention.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Posted: August 05, 2015 (10:03 AM)

Thanks, guys.

Suskie, it's always good when you can save someone some cash, so I'm thankful for that. I have a few more reviews to write before likely fading back into obscurity.

Sashanan, I didn't realize you were still visiting this site. I had a description or two of 'features' I've since seen mentioned in other reviews that I realized might spoil what little fun one might have with this game. I'm glad you felt the review didn't need it.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: August 05, 2015 (11:12 PM)

I've only known about this game for all of two days, and within that time, I went from curiosity and fascination after hearing it mentioned on a podcast, to downright disappointment after reading this. Thanks for the review and changing my mind on getting it. And you convinced me with so few words, too!

board icon
Posted: August 08, 2015 (10:04 AM)

Awesome to hear, Pick! And thanks.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: August 08, 2015 (02:18 PM)

As it happens, I actually stumbled upon an extra code for this game. It was for the Xbox One version, though, and for whatever reason, that one has a slew of technical problems and framerate issues that make it borderline unplayable (the only possible saving grace being that there doesn't seem to be any reflex-based gameplay at all). Doesn't seem like a very interesting game anyway, for the reasons you stated in your review, but this is pretty inexcusable.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.