Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Yume Penguin Monogatari review

This thread is in response to a review for Yume Penguin Monogatari on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 14, 2015 (01:50 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Note of interest: back in the day, I drew Y in an alphaolympics and this was the game I had originally earmarked to review. However, the game overwhelmed me with dullness and I switched to Ys III. It would transpire that I would go on to win that event by the slimmest of margins. The unfortunate writer to miss out? Poor Rob himself. True story.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 14, 2015 (08:15 AM)

After reading this, I now change my score from "5" to "1", as this game is now my most hated of all time, as its presence led to my greatest victory being nulled.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 14, 2015 (09:36 AM)

Maybe, over the summer, we'll have another crack at putting an Olympics together. I'll even judge to give you glory-starved whippersnappers a fair roll at victory.

To be on topic, I do like this review though. All I managed to produce was a few eye rolls then moving on to glory. The whole fat shaming angle did make me laugh. The self esteem line was golden. In a gesture of goodwill, I have centered the screens in hopes that you had purposefully left them uncentered.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 14, 2015 (12:26 PM)

Thank ye, thank ye. I think, a lot of the time, I have more fun writing reviews of games like this than more legitimate titles. Like, EvilQuest, for example. It was a fun game, but it really didn't inspire me, so it took a bit of thought and pondering over how to phrase things. With this review, I just pounded it out and then looked it over the next day before sending it off to Jason.

Just give me a goofy premise or something to laugh about and/or want to mutilate myself (ie: my upcoming-in-the-next-couple-weeks N.T. Burning Heroes (Super Fam) review) and I'm gold!

I probably should look at how you centered the screens. I'm borderline flatscan when it comes to HTML, so I just cut and paste links and hope for the best!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.