Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Bloodborne review

This thread is in response to a review for Bloodborne on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: March 31, 2015 (06:14 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Brilliant review. Super detailed. When you read most Bloodborne reviews it's hard to get a clear sense of what the game is actually like, but this review didn't suffer from that problem. I think it was good to talk about combat early on; most reviews ramble on about insight and other things for too long.

Having never played a Souls game, I've found Bloodborne to be a pretty accessible entry to the series (aside from the first hour or so where I felt very lost) but I can imagine it would be tough for a fan of the series to adjust to the different gameplay.

Are you going to get the PS4 version of DSII?

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: March 31, 2015 (10:50 AM)

Pretty much agree with your assessment. I love the game. It's definitely fresher than Dark Souls II. Easily my favorite release on the PS4 but I liked Dark Souls (and maybe Demon's Souls) more because of how much more free-form your character build could be. In this one you can be a Strength build or eventually get a Skill based weapon or really go out of your way and make an Arcane build. And that's it.

_

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: March 31, 2015 (01:42 PM)

Thanks a lot for reading, guys. It's a long review, but Souls games leave you with a lot to talk about, as I'm sure you well know.

Genj: I think my ranking would go Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls II > Demon's Souls. I'm one of the few series fans who just doesn't like Demon's. I tried going back to it recently and it still had a bunch of design decisions I found obnoxious. Plus I prefer the connected world design of the other games.

Janus: I'll actually be playing that on PC, since the upgrade is only $20 for those of us who already own the base game and all of the DLC. I've already beaten the game three and a half times and bought it on two different platforms so I'm not looking to pay full price for it AGAIN.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 20, 2015 (03:18 AM)

Aww. Now I want to see what Ben said :(

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.