Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Final Fantasy Type-0 HD review

This thread is in response to a review for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: March 25, 2015 (05:56 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I agree that I had mixed feelings on the game, but I think I grinded more than I needed to. I beat the game on Officer with Ace at level 36 and everyone else was at level 30 or below. They really shouldn't have revealed the "average mission levels" because they make you think you need to be that level and I didn't realize until halfway through that being several levels below was more than doable. You still do pretty much need to grind a little to keep at least 8 or so of the party members in fightable condition. You really don't need all 14 trained. I beat the game with characters at level 11, 17, and 18. I never even used Machina.

Spoilers:

For me the biggest flaw in the game was final chapter. It was just flat out bad. Just a lot of bad puzzle-based fights and a final boss that was pure window dressing.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: March 25, 2015 (09:15 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Most of my party members were at least five levels below the mission recommendations and I got by, so yeah, that part was overstated. Still felt it was more fun when I switched to the lower difficulty level.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.