Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Germ's WipEout 2048 review

This thread is in response to a review for WipEout 2048 on the Vita. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 22, 2015 (07:08 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I've never really been a racer guy, but I adore Wipeout as a series and it was point blank the only reason I picked up a VITA. It's more or less the only reason I have to use the bloody thing (Screw you, Book of Memories! You suck!) so I get where you're coming from. Back when the PSX was a new thing and Wipeout was the big release title, I spent hours upon hours perfecting the limited courses and the unforgiving difficulty curve that's been breed out of the series (probably just as well; I was annoyed when Wipeout 2097 nerfed that a little, but coming to an almost full stop if you brushed an edge was probably overkill once the course numbers started to climb above five). Wipeout 2048 is probably the last gasp for the series, which makes me sad, but it's a great game and as good a break-off point as any, I suppose. And I'll always have those soundtracks I've meticulously collected to look back on.

Good review, nostalgic fanboy reminiscing aside. Those atrocious load time certainly needed addressing, though I wonder why the different race aspects were not mentioned. It's a good sign off for your time on staff, and you've done a great job on that too. Don't be a stranger -- I'll be looking out for further efforts on your behalf.

board icon
Author: Germ
Posted: February 22, 2015 (01:27 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks EmP. I'm glad to know someone else was sold on the Vita largely due to this title. It's a darn shame about Psygnosis.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.