Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Dreamfall Chapters: Book One - Reborn review

This thread is in response to a review for Dreamfall Chapters: Book One - Reborn on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 29, 2014 (12:49 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I really want to play this. I was a huge Longest Journey fan (and lesser fan of Dreamfall) and I do believe I get some kind of free access for having helped fund this one.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 30, 2014 (05:22 AM)

I still openly adore Dreamfall. It made some stupid choices to try and appeal to the fabled 'wider audience' by dropping in clumsy and stupid stealth and combat sections, but that it opened up TLJ's world to exploration and then had the nerve to beat it hands down in pure storytelling go a long way to righting those wrongs. The whole Faith hook -- especially the last third of it -- still stands as one of the brightest moments in gaming for me.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: disco1960
Posted: November 02, 2014 (01:33 PM)

Oh, man. I went and got the Special Edition, because I'm stupid.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 04, 2014 (06:07 AM)

The Special edition of what? I am confused -- this is confusing.

(welcome back!)

board icon
Author: disco1960
Posted: November 04, 2014 (06:04 PM)

You didn't know? Steam was selling a Dreamfall Chapters "Special Edition" that includes the soundtrack, desktop wallpapers, and some other stuff.

And I was like, "Yeah! Take my money."

I feel like basically all they need to do is to avoid music puzzles or rubber ducky shenanigans and the game'll be awesome.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 05, 2014 (05:23 AM)

Oh man, that music puzzle can rot in hell. I had managed to forget that existed, and now hate you a little for reminding me.

There's actually a hidden poster in the game's hub that teases the ducky.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.