Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > JoeTheDestroyer is now site staff

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 22, 2014 (01:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Join me in welcoming Joe to the site's staff roster. He has been contributing to the site for years (including sometimes as a staff freelancer) and needs no introduction, but now he can keep doing what he's been doing and even add his own game listings. Plus, there's other stuff staff can also do, but you knew that. Hopefully, you'll see a bunch more great stuff from him in the weeks ahead!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 22, 2014 (01:40 PM)

This please me as I now never have to input game data ever again ever.

Ever.

Welcome aboard

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 22, 2014 (01:56 PM)

Sounds great!

Mr. Productive Enough to Cover for All of Us If We Take a Year or Three Off* is on board!

*Not that I'm planning to, but you never know when an alien abduction or something might arise.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 22, 2014 (05:44 PM)

You've given him too much power! Next year he'll be able to plan even more so in advance for October and submit two reviews every day!

I... I mean, congrats.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: October 22, 2014 (09:41 PM)

I'm surprised it took so long.

Yay Joe!

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 22, 2014 (11:54 PM)

I feel like I helped make this happen.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 23, 2014 (12:15 AM)

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad to be aboard. This should ease EmP a little, since I seem to have a habit of playing and reviewing lesser known PC titles of late.

I shall still be submitting as a reader now and then, mostly when I feel it necessary (e.g. already a lot of staff reviews for a certain game, obscure Atari 2600 games, etc.).

EDIT:
...And I just performed my first actions as staff and added two games I'm reviewing in the future to the database: FEAR 2 on PC and Fortune Summoners.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.