Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Phazonmasher's Fairy Fencer F review

This thread is in response to a review for Fairy Fencer F on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 10, 2014 (09:36 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Even more worrisome is a game crashing bug that renders a number of side quests impossible to fulfill.

Where can I find more information about this? A quick Google search for "Fairy Fencer F game crash" only brought up a topic about the JP version. I'd like to make sure I know how to avoid it in case I ever play the English version.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Phazonmasher
Posted: September 11, 2014 (09:01 PM)

Hey zigfried, let me try to better explain my situation without spoiling too much.

About halfway through the game, you'll be asked to go to the second fire dungeon. In this area, there is a B1 level and a B2 level. As long as you remain in the B1 level, you can leave. As soon as you enter the B2 level, any method you use to leave the area will result in a crash. This happens when the dialog box opens asking if you want to leave, and it crashes upon selecting yes.

Now, how was I able to get around it? Well, the one story sequence that happens there teleports you out of the dungeon upon completion. You aren't given the dialog box so there's no crash. Funky, right?

As I stated in my review, NIS America is aware of the issue. I sent them a save near the area so they can replicate the bug and try to get a fix out before launch.

Hope that helps!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 12, 2014 (06:36 PM)

Ah-ha! Your answer helps a lot -- I know what area you mean, so I'll be sure to avoid crashing the game.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.