Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > magicjuggler's Mount & Blade review

This thread is in response to a review for Mount & Blade on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: September 21, 2008 (06:53 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good review. Watch out for a few sentences here and there that start to trail off a bit (like the second one in the first paragraph, or the first one in the third paragraph).

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: magicjuggler
Posted: September 21, 2008 (07:12 PM)

I admit there was a certain stream-of-conciousness crudeness to the review which I'll attempt to clean up in future reviews.

Did it make a convincing argument as to whether the game is worth looking into, though?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: September 21, 2008 (07:56 PM)

I thought it sounded like a fairly interesting title at points, yeah.

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: September 22, 2008 (03:33 AM)

Just one question. Does this game have an actual story one can finish or is it never ending? Meaning, if I do try this out, is there a point except for the obvious fun factor? Will I see, after all my effort and troubles and after I destroy/conquer/rule said continent a happy "The end" sign?

board icon
Author: magicjuggler
Posted: September 22, 2008 (06:53 AM)

I'm going to have to update this review heavily it looks like.

No there isn't a core story to the game, the same way there really isn't a core story in Sid Meier's Pirates save the really short "find your missing family" series of quests. Instead, you have the option to retire whenever you wish, where based on the difficulty level you played, the number of fiefs you've acquired, etc. you have an end-game score and post-retirement.

board icon
Author: meeptroid
Posted: September 22, 2008 (08:41 AM)

I agree, good review, especially since it's only your second. The intro bit about redefining the fantasy RPG piqued my interest, but the rest of the review was a bit vanilla. The review wasn't overly long though, so it held my attention from start to finish, and informed me about an interesting PC RPG I otherwise never would have heard of. Good job.

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 29, 2008 (03:43 PM)

Good news: you've snagged a link from what might be the game's home page:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/Mount&Blade/

It look official enough, so I'll assume it is.

For us. For them. For you.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Virmerura requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Virmerura requested its removal.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.