Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's The House of the Dead 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for The House of the Dead 2 on the Dreamcast. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Germ
Posted: September 10, 2014 (08:39 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

My first question when I saw you reviewed this was "Don't you need a CRT TV to play it properly?" I'm glad you made that central to your review. I'm luck enough that I live about 90 minutes away from a popular vacation spot that has huge arcades, and the House of the Dead is well represented there. Never tried the Dreamcast ports, and because of the CRT problem it will be a while before I do.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 10, 2014 (12:57 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, I think it should be a requirement now to mention the CRT TV/in-game cursor for reviews, as it wouldn't be fair to the reader otherwise. And I probably would have never touched the game as a review if I never played both ways. Thanks for reading!

Man, I wish I still had an arcade near me to go visit. The last "big" arcade that was close was 14 years ago, and it had a buttload of Sega cabinets. At one point or another, it had Street Fighter III, Virtua Tennis, Virtual On twin, Capcom vs Marvel, Metal Slug X, Daytona 2, THotD1, Crazy Taxi, etc. They also served beer. I should know, because I was stuck listening to the ramblings of a drunk guy on a bench outside one time. Then they closed it.... and reopened it as an internet cafe that's still open to this day.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.