Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > If you're trying to decide on a game to review, maybe start here...

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 06, 2014 (02:28 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Curious what content you might review with the best results? Looks like those games are:

Gokuraku Jan Premium (PS2)
Babel (TurboGrafx-16)
Dust: An Elysian Tale (PC)
Carmageddon 64 (N64)
InFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
AV Tanjou (TurboGrafx-16)
Avenger (TurboGrafx-16)
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball (Super Nintendo)
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (Super Nintendo)
Pilot Down: Behind Enemy Lines (Xbox)
The Great Waldo Search (Super Nintendo)
Kidou Senkan Nadesico: Nadesico the Mission (Dreamcast)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Super Nintendo)
Soldiers of Fortune (Super Nintendo)
Net Versus Renju Gomoku Narabe (Dreamcast)
Super Troll Islands (Super Nintendo)
Sol-Feace (Sega CD)
Marionette Company 2 Chu! (Dreamcast)
Speedy Gonzalez (Super Nintendo)
Dennis the Menace (Super Nintendo)
SeaQuest DSV (Super Nintendo)
Kendo Rage (Super Nintendo)
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure (Super Nintendo)
Bebe's Kids (Super Nintendo)
Alien vs. Predator (Super Nintendo)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition (Super Nintendo)

The above 26 titles are the ones that spurred the most traffic to the site, without a review already being available. They averaged 1 or more hit per day, which suggests that there is little enough competition in search results to allow related content to perform well (particularly for the titles closer to the top of the list).

I just thought you might all appreciate a glimpse at the sort of games people are sometimes looking to read about when they wind up at HonestGamers.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: September 06, 2014 (02:58 PM)

I sadly never owned a copy of that Power Rangers game on Super Nintendo, but I did waste a lot of Saturdays at my friend's place with that. I later learned it was a bad game. Wish there was some way for me to play it now.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: September 06, 2014 (04:30 PM)

You know what I hate? I was thisclose to deciding to say "fuck it" and ditch my attempt at SNES Tactics Ogre.

But now I know I will see it through...

Also could probably do SNES Super Tecmo NBA (played the NES a TON, so it wouldn't take a great deal of time to figure out how this game is in comparison) and Sega CD Sol-Feace. Maybe a couple others...I might have missed a few due to outright sobbing when I saw Tactics Ogre is a wanted review.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 07, 2014 (01:41 PM)

Could have sworn Genj did a cool Bebe's kids review years ago...and, holy shit, where's all the Genj stuff gone?!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: September 11, 2014 (10:05 PM)

I have Dust: An Elysian Tale on my Steam library. Were I not already occupied trying to get my October material together, I'd probably hit that up next and review it here.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.