Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES review

This thread is in response to a review for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Germ
Posted: August 31, 2014 (10:46 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Persona 3 is the game that changed my mind about JRPGs, and I absolutely love it. But I can see what you're saying. The empowerment fantasy is a particular thing I like to joke about with my friends who are into Persona and it is taken to EXTREME levels. But I still enjoy it. The PSP version is also the only one I played, and like Ben pointed out you can control your party in it.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: August 31, 2014 (10:59 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, I saw that the PSP version gave you full control of your party. I prefer that to be an option, with computer control of allies being an option you can click if you desire.

I've played SMT I (would have been good if not for the utterly insane battle frequency), Nocturne, SMT IV, P3, Revelations: Persona and the Raidou Kuz...whatever vs. the something Army action-RPG. And one of the Game Boy games that is affiliated with SMT in some form (Revelations: The Demon Slayer).

Nocturne and SMT IV are the best two. P3 and SMT I, I'd probably rank about the same, but for different reasons. Revelations: The Demon Slayer was very meh. Revelations: Persona gets an incomplete because when I played it, I didn't understand the Persona system at all and was a total screw-up who wound up completely doomed when I got to the dungeon where you had to only use magic.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.