Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Super Mario 3D Land review

This thread is in response to a review for Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: June 14, 2014 (04:24 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I definitely wasn't expecting a comparison to Kirby's Adventure when reading this! The way you describe how there isn't any true consistency with the theme kinda makes me want to try this out more now. I've also had trouble picking a "traditional" Mario game to jump back into series, since the last Mario game I recall playing from start to finish was Super Mario 64, and the last Mario game I tried playing was Galaxy 1.

Good, informative review! Though, I guess if I were to be nitpicky, I didn't actually grasp how the 3D works in this game from what you explained. Is it implemented into the gameplay, or is is just for show?

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 14, 2014 (08:32 AM)

Kind of a combination. Hard to put into words, but it's a lot for show (more effectively than, say Shin Megami Tensai IV, where I turn off the 3D since all it does is bother my eyes a bit), but it is integrated into the gameplay. There are a couple rooms you access via pipe where you kind of need the 3D to see how to get to the top and the added depth it provides does seem to be integrated into things. I guess the best way to describe it would be that the 3D isn't completely necessary, but it does add to the experience.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: June 14, 2014 (10:06 AM)

Ah, I see. Thanks!

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.